Monday, December 31, 2012

Well everyone, it is the last day of 2012! Hard to believe! 2013 sounds sooo strange. Ok, maybe not sooo much ( lol! ), but it is amazing how quickly the years are ticking by and how much happens in a year. I always get a little weird feeling when trying to wrap my mind around the fact that another year is ending. I gave up on New Year's Resolution lists a loooong time ago because it's just so disappointing when you don't get it finished off. I'm sure everyone has had that experience. :P Instead, I try to make daily goals, which are basically all the same ones I'd want for a whole year. It's just a lot nicer to have a daily list rather than a year list because if you don't get something done in a day, that doesn't sound as bad. I mean, there's only so much time in a day, ya know? :D
 My ultimate goal every day is to draw closer to the Lord. He is my everything, my stronghold, my mighty tower, my Saviour. I love Him with all my heart. I desire to please Him with all I do. I know I fail Him each day, but I also know that as long as I want to do what is right, He forgives me.
 I also want to live for others, love others, and be as healthy as I can. These are all hard to do, and I know I fail these goals as well, but I still desire to fulfill these things to the best of my ability. I think the hardest thing for a person to do is to be self-less. Put others first, die to your own wants. Being in a household where there are little ( and not so little ) kids like I have been these last few days and for a few days more certainly has been reminding me of that. If you want to learn a lot of lessons in how your actions and words affect others and how to really be patient and self-less, take care of kids. It is not easy. But in the end, it is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do. When you earn their trust, respect, and love, you have been given one of the greatest gifts. It is truly amazing.
 So don't fret when you fail your resolutions for the new year! Strive to live every day as best you can and that is more than enough. In fact, that is even better than trying to follow something through a new year. You don't lose sight of your goal if you keep it in your mind daily and not put it off for the future. You don't lose heart when you haven't reached your goal fast enough. The Bible says to not worry about tomorrow for there is enough trouble today and tomorrow will take care of itself. Certainly a good principle to live by and one that we can all lose sight of.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment