Saturday, December 15, 2012

Miracles of Christmas

" Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. And Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. " Isaiah 60:1 & 3

" Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding. He giveth power to the faint; to them who have no power He increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young man shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. " Isaiah 40: 29-31

 What glorious verses! I find the first verse so fitting for this time of year. The latter as well, for the holidays can be quite consuming of our energy. I draw strength from Isaiah 40 and can see many times in my life when God gave me strength beyond what I had. Last night was one of those times. My cat, who is quite old, was acting really strange last last night. I noticed that in the space of just a few minutes, she had frequented her catbox numerous times. As time passed, these trips became more and more frequent in less and less time. She'd hardly leave before she was back in again. We grew quite concerned, especially after checking her box and not seeing any difference despite how much she had been in there. I looked up her symptoms and there were two choices: a kitty UTI/bladder infection, or a blockage. The first can be easily treated at home and goes away with usually no complications in a few day's time. The second can be fatal if not treated immediately. The main sign of a blockage is kitty not passing a decent amount of urine in 12 hours.
 By this time we had started praying and treating her. She was beginning to bleed some. My worry mounted. It was late, so we made sure she had a contained area. Missy had other plans. She wanted me. So I put a protector on my bed and we settled in. I was too worried to sleep much, dozing with the light on and getting her out every hour to eat or use the litterbox. She passed a bit of bloody matter. In the morning she was perky and seemed to be doing fine! I am so thankful God cares about even the little animals. I believe the stuff she passed was what was causing the issue and could have been a blockage, but God performed a miracle so she didn't need surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment