Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To God be the Glory

 Hello! Here I am, on the eve of yet another trip, and I have things yet to do, but there are some things on my heart I wanted to share. Where am I off to this time? A youth camp in Washington. I've gone several times and although it is the only camp I have ever been to besides special services at my own church, I do believe it is my favorite camp! :) I think a lot of it is due to the fact that this camp has been life-changing for me. Last year I was re-baptized at the camp. I hadn't backslid, but I wanted to give unashamed testimony to all that God had done a work in me and to let the devil know that I belonged to God!
 As I write these things, I have such tender feelings welling up within me due to an email I received from a friend yesterday evening. I titled my post ' To God be the Glory ' because that is to Whom all praise and honor is due for her testimony.
 I don't see this friend very often because she lives quite a distance away. I saw her a few months ago and we had a fun time together. We email here and there. In my last email to her I shared some of the same things I shared here on my blog concerning what God has been doing in my life. I also told her about the song Clear the Stage. She wrote me back yesterday and said she was in tears over the song. It had really touched her. Then she said she wanted to tell me something. She told me that when we had seen one another she had been struggling and that she took note of my relationship with the Lord and it reminded her of where she used to be. God convicted her and she is now climbing higher! I was blown away with her heartfelt thanks that I shined for Christ. ME?! Needless to say, I hadn't tried to be anything. I was just living my life. Yet...God used me!
 I am not relating this for any accolades as to the events that took place. I am in absolute awe of how amazing God is! I had no idea anyone was watching my life or that God was so much on display. I always try my best to do all that is required of a Christian not because it is a requirement, but because I love Jesus. I think that is how many of us believers are. Though we strive to do the will of Christ, so much of it is subconscious. So take courage! You may not even feel like you are much of a Christian or that you are not much of a blessing or testimony, but Christ living through you in your subconscious words and actions speak volumes!
 I probably won't post for awhile. As soon as I am done at camp I will be busy with prep for our church's family camp next weekend. So, Lord Bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment