Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Camp Time

 Hey there! I'm back! I've actually been home for a few days, but I've just been enjoying not having to do much of anything. However, the fun of that only lasts for a certain amount of time before you feel as though you must do something. Especially when I've been doing stuff almost constantly all summer.
 So, camp was incredible. The services, the activities, and the fellowship were wonderful. God really moved in the services and changed lives that had been so hard and resistant to the moving of the Spirit before. There was so much answered prayer and the worship and atmosphere was beautiful. I got to know people better and am happy to say I believe I've begun a life-long friendship with one of the girls from my cabin. God is good!
 Of course, as always when you've been a part of something so amazing as a youth camp, coming out and away from being around those of like-precious faith and the presence of God is difficult. I must confess that though I'm not struggling as much as I was, I am still battling things the enemy has been hounding me with since even before camp was totally over. It's such a let-down to go into camp feeling strong and victorious and to leave feeling a bit weary and pounded. Not from the Word or from those I was with, but with the fiery darts of the wicked one. So if you would dear friends and readers, please keep me in prayer as I battle my way through this time of trial.
 I must say that the key thing in times like these is to not let go of the Lifeline. I'm ashamed to say that I got so caught up with CBW camp and our church camp right after that I didn't truly keep in touch with God like I should have and that is part of why I was struggling so. I kept thinking to myself, " I'll have time when I get home. If I can just hold out until I get home. " That was NOT the right way to think. No matter how busy or weary, praying and reading the Word is first. Pushing yourself when you don't feel like it. Actually, those are the times when you can sometimes get the biggest blessing. Entering in when you are exhausted and don't feel like praying or reading. That's what happened friday night at camp. All of us were so tired, but we entered in and it was the best, most anointed service the whole camp.
 " We need faith for the time when the sun does not shine, and the mountaintop is just a memory. When there's no signs to be seen and you don't feel a thing, to the Word alone I must cling. I need faith for the day when troubles comes my way and I just don't understand what it means. That's when nothing else will do, faith alone will see me through, and believing becomes my victory! "
 Believing when believing isn't easy, that is the testing!
 No pictures this time my loves, I didn't take all that many and they didn't really turn out that well. :( So sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment