Monday, October 15, 2012

Voyage of a Lifetime!

So. It is a week ago today that I really actually went on a boat and really actually went out on the ocean. YUP! You read that right. :) I am still excited that I got to do this. What did I get to do? Wellll, I got to go on a deep-sea fishing trip. :D I didn't actually get to fish, but I had an awesome time anyway. Ok, minus the fact that I did get queasy and nauseated. I didn't puke though!
 It was actually originally an all-guys fishing trip, but the visiting minister had brought his daughter out with him and she was wanting to go. Not wanting her to be the only girl, I asked to go too. As it turned out, one of the guys brought his wife along too and we three girls joined forces and had a great time.
 Most everyone caught something...some of the guys did quite well. We ended up hauling in three baskets of fish. Not bad for 5 hours.
 Here are some pics:

Sunrise

Depoe Bay/The Ocean


Waiting for the boat


Down to the belly of the whale...or so it felt ( and smelled! )
On the boat at last!





I think this is one of my favorite pics! Love it!!!!

Bro Wayne, Matt, Si, & Jordan



Quite possibly the biggest catch of the day!

Marci, me, and Gracie

I doubt you can see it, but it  says Gracie's Sea Hag.
So, Gracie took a pic by it.
And we all ate a fabulous meal there.
:D
 There are shots and clips I would have loved to have taken, but it was too risky. Like when dad and I stood at the bow the whole way back, riding the waves. That was the most incredible things EVER, and quite possibly my most favorite part of the whole trip. :D It kinda felt like I was riding the creature in Water Horse, ( an awesome movie, by the way, if you've never seen it. ) dipping and rising with the waves and having the salty sea spray up on me. :) :) :) I really hope I have another chance to do this again!




2 comments: