Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Little Blessings

 I love how God gives us little things that we maybe mention in passing that we want. Little love gifts. :)
 Several months ago, when Mom and I discussing what I wanted for my birthday I had mentioned ( as this was during a time of major stress for me, working and finishing school ) I'd love to have a massage. I thought maybe either my parents would pay for one or I'd use birthday money. We-ell... as you recall, my dad had had an injury at work. He had chiropractic work done. In the end, some kind of settlement/reimbursement was made and Dad got a gift certificate for...a massage! To expire the end of October. He didn't want to use it and we checked to see if it could be transferred to a member of the household. They made an exception. I got a massage! Yesterday. Mmm, bliss. :)
 I got another little gift a week ago as well. Mom and I had done errands on the Saturday at Costco. I took the opportunity to browse the cameras. As you recall, my camera went kaput in August. I happened to notice that an upgrade of the model I had lost was marked down considerably due to the fact that once all of that model were gone, that was it. I moaned my luck to Mom because I doubted they had extra money or that there would be any cameras left by the time I had birthday money. The next day Mom and Dad surprised me and said they were getting the camera for me early for my birthday!
 I am so thankful for these blessings that certainly caught me by surprise that I did not truly ask for, though I wanted them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I was JUST telling mom that I want a massage. Haha! Awesome about the camera too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, you'll really enjoy it. and ya, I"m super happy about the camera. :D

    ReplyDelete