Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Playing Catch-up

 Yes, I know it has been much too long since I have posted. I haven't even taken the time to pop by and mention that I am finished with my GED. So naughty :P. Here are my scores:

 Writing - 710/800
 Science - 560/800
 Social Studies - 630/800
 Math - 590/800
 Reading - 710/800

 Total Score - 3200 / Average - 640/800

 So there ya go. ;) Guess I did pretty well. Should be getting my certificate in the mail in a couple weeks. After that, all that's left is a couple other seperate tests so I can claim my 6 free credits for taking the study class. My financial aid application is in. I've applied for another job - haven't heard back on that yet though.

 Another exciting thing is I have applied for a passport card at long last! :D That's because I ( Lord willing ) will be traveling with my pastor's family ( the Cobbs ) up to Canada in May. He has been invited to speak at a church's graduation youth banquet up there and the whole family is going and they invited me to join them! :) SUPER excited about that. :D The only thing that would keep me from going is if I get hired for a job and the employer doesn't agree with letting me have time off so soon. But I'm praying that won't happen. :)

 This past week I was at Cobbs' for a few days - the first time in awhile that I've been able to stay more than just a day or two since studying for my GED. Anna, who is 11, and I went with another lady from church to the coast for a whole day. THAT was awesome fun. :D A relaxing girl's day out, doing whatever whenever we felt like it. Stopping at random places, exploring, eating unhealthy, and shopping. I didn't get a ton of pictures, and most of them are of scenery, but I will post them anyway. I can't tell ya how much I LOVE the coast. It is comforting and beautiful, breathtaking and heady. I never get tired of going. I also think I was in such bliss the whole time that I smiled the whole day, lol. We did a ton of walking though, so a bath to sooth the aches and kinks was in order when we got home. Without further ado, here are some pictures:


Crab Shell
Thought this piece of seaweed was pretty

Lincoln City Bay

Sculpture outside a gallery we visited.


Fishy stepping stones! Cute! :D
Fish sculpture on gallery building 


Ocean by Depot Bay
Natural Caves by Depot Bay


More natural caves along coast



Bridge between new and old town Newport


Thought this shot was kinda neat



Newport harbor


Sunset over Basket Slough - almost home :)


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment