Monday, March 11, 2013

Finish the Course

 YAY! I am doing a happy dance inside because this is my last week of " school "! Tomorrow morning I will be getting up outrageously early ( like, 7 am ) to get ready to go take my third GED test ( writing ). Later on, I will go back for science. Wednesday and Thursday I will have my last two study sessions. Saturday I will have my last test, which will be math. Then I am done! That is such a great feeling. I have learned SO much by going to these " classes " and am thankful I was able to have this opportunity.

 I titled this post ' Finish the Course ' for a much greater purpose than just to talk about how I am in the home stretch for getting my GED. When I said that I had learned a lot, I meant it. I not only learned about academic things, but I learned things about myself and about the Lord. Here is a verse that has always meant a lot to me:

" Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. " Philippians 3:13-14

 I guess that was two verses. :) Anyway, one thing I have definitely learned is that we have to press on. Don't look back. Yes, learn from the past, but do not dwell on it. Reach on ahead to what Christ holds out for you.

 This past week has been one of tremendous struggle. Struggling to hold on to Christ in the middle of being around a worldly atmosphere. Struggling with attitudes and temptation.There were times I was so raw. To be even more honest, I am not yet through those times. It has shown me many things. How much I need to depend and rely on God completely. Talking to Him about whatever, whenever. Reading my Bible more. Thinking about my Lord more, making Him welcome in my day-to-day living.

 In Wednesday's service last week, a particular verse jumped out at me. I took it to heart. It burned, but it also healed.

" For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. " Philippians 2:21

 I realized that one reason why I had been struggling so hard was because I had begun to seek my own way instead of my Lord's way. I repented and asked God to forgive me. Now I seek to earnestly contend for the faith and press toward the mark so that I may finish this life having lived worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ. For who am I? I am nothing. But I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength. When I am beaten down, I can come to Jesus. When I need victory, I can come to Jesus. When I have overcome, I will go to Jesus.
I know no creed but Christ, no truth but the gospel. 
~ Amen ~

No comments:

Post a Comment