Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Seasons, New Beginnings

 While I know that it is not yet Fall, the arrival of September and a new school year brings to mind to many that a season's change is just around the corner. Technically, it is still Summer, and I'm glad. :) Things are beginning to slow down for me as far as going hither and yon, to and fro. My parents are more than secretly relieved, hahaha. I guess I am too, for I can begin to settle in and get some things done and truly relax and enjoy the tale end of Summer.
 My greatest accomplishment thus far has been that I finally got our Fall/Winter garden planted a few weeks ago and have more or less succeeded. Little green shoots are peeking out of the soil and I am proud and excited at my accomplishment. ( Well, my Mom's too, as she did help with research and set-up. :P )
 The biggest change, however, involves my dad. Every quarter at his work everyone gets to bid on routes and this time around he decided to try for a different route. Things have been rather rough-going where he was at and he was ready for a change. So, he got his bid, and as of yesterday he began working a  day shift!!! Now, to most that would be like, so what? big deal! Not so for us. This will be the first time, with a few short exceptions, that my dad has worked a day shift in twenty-two years - give or take. That is a  big deal!!! Admittedly, I was shocked he actually got his bid and it has been hard for me to get used to the idea of basically having his schedule - our schedule - reversed. In fact, I don't know if I know just what to think still, and here he is just about to get home from day two of his new shift. But, I can't complain too much because my mom is a pretty happy camper. Dad is too, since he's got a less-stressful route - which, in turn, makes it a bit less stressful for us at home. 
 Aaaannd....the saddest news for last. =( My camera is kaput. =( So, I won't be posting pictures of my own until I can conjure up a replacement. =( =( =( Which may not be for awhile. Bummer. Blah. Ugh. And all other similar noises of disgust. And yeah. End of story, end of post. =(




No comments:

Post a Comment